My Beauty Routine
I just recently got back into makeup. For a few years I couldn't be bothered to do more than a powder foundation, mascara and blush. Yet, recently I've spent countless minutes and $$ at the neighborhood Walgreen's testing out new products.
While I'm not beauty blogger by any means (I literally just learned how to apply liquid foundation), I'm having too much fun learning about makeup. I just had to share:
For everyday makeup:
- L'Oreal's True Match foundation in neutral buff
- L'Oreal's True Match concealer in N1-3
- Tarte blush in Blushing Bride
- Neutrogena eye shadow palette
- EOS chap stick (I have every flavor)
- Covergirl's Lash Blast macara
- Maybelline Great Lash macara*
* this is my biggest secret! Everyone says I have long eyelashes and they can't believe they're not fake. Truth is I use two mascaras every day and it works like a gem!
For special occasions:
- Everything above
- Stilla Liquid Liner
For most of my makeup, I shop at Walgreen's, CVS or Ulta.
- I normally have dermatologist- prescribed skin treatments but lately I've been using the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water and it's been miraculous! My face feels so fresh after I use it.
- When needed I'll use Avenno's moisturizer. The one I have has SPF included, but in the summer I'll add an extra layer of sunscreen.
- I used to pay to get my nails done every three weeks. While I still love that, I'm trying to be more responsible and do my nails at home. Right now I use Essie and my favorite colors are Really Red and Ballet Slippers.
- I use Pantene shampoo and conditioner and switch up which kind every month (Sleek and Smooth, Volume or Moisturizer are my go-tos.
- Once or twice a month I will apply a layer of coconut oil to my hair before a shower. This helps it grow and stay soft.
- Tresemme hair spray for every day use.
The best beauty secrets are to get enough sleep, drink enough water, eat your greens and sweat a little every day.