Fill Up Your Cup
You know that saying "fill up your cup before you pour into someone else's"? Well it's so true! Without self care and doing things that make my heart happy I am not the best fiancée, employee, friend, daughter, etc. that I need to be. This month is mental health awareness month and mental health is so important. I wanted to share my list of what makes me happy/things I do for self-care.
- Read (In a comfy sweater, preferably)
- Crystal healing + meditation
- Activity--whether it's a full body workout in the gym or a stroll through the park, anything that gets my heart rate up
- Prioritizing sleep--at least 7 hours please (or I barely function)
- Listening to my body's needs and wants--workout or rest, greens or Oreos, I listen to what I truly want and don't want
- Art--drawing, painting, writing, dancing or anything that speaks to my creative side, even working on content for this little bloggity counts!
- Spending time with my friends and family
- Cleaning, or even just making the bed
- Brushing my hair
- Shaving my legs even if it's no shave November
- Listening to music with headphones in and being lost in my own mind
- Walks around the neighborhood to explore
- Cleaning out my inbox
- Baking chocolate chip cookies
- Trying on (and buying) new sweaters
- Putting on chapstick
Whatever self care looks like for you, make sure you are prioritizing yourself and doing at least one act of self care per day. I'd love to see your list! How do you practice self care and fill up your cup?
What I'm wearing: Mug | Target; Sweater + Jeans | Old Navy; Beanie | Love Your Melon